Rising in popularity, cosmetic dentistry is becoming more common throughout the United States. People with chipped, stained, uneven, or misaligned teeth suffer from psychological effects of lacking confidence in their smile. In our everyday lives, first impressions are important. Smiling is an essential form of non-verbal communication. When we smile, we put those around us at ease. Smiling is also a gesture of friendliness. If you’re confident about your smile, you will smile more often. Cosmetic dentistry can help improve your overall self-esteem and confidence, and it can influence positive interactions with your friends, coworkers, and loved ones.
Fun Facts About Smiling
- Infants are born with the capability to smile
- A study in Sweden determined that smiling is contagious and lifts the mood of people around you
- Smiles are culturally accepted around the world as an expression of contentment and friendliness
- People can detect smiles from a distance of 300 feet
- Smiling is considered more attractive than makeup almost 70% of the time
- People who smile often are more likely to achieve promotions at work
Flexible Payment Plans for Cosmetic Dentistry
Many patients interested in cosmetic dentistry worry that they may not be able to afford it. Most dental insurance plans do not cover elective or cosmetic procedures; however, Dr. James DeFinnis understands his patients’ cost concerns. His practice, Back Mountain Dental, offers an array of payment plans to meet your individual needs. Some options include low interest financing for extended payment plans as well as interest free payments for short term financing. These payment plans do not penalize clients if they pay them off early and patients are not obligated to pay anything upfront.
If you’re interested in enhancing your smile, contact Dr. DeFinnis today at (570) 763-4360. We can help you determine which payment option is best for you without causing too much strain on your finances. We are happy to serve patients in Trucksville, Wilkes-Barre, Scranton, and the surrounding areas.